Shropshire FA Women's 11v11 Midweek League
SHROPSHIRE FA WOMEN'S
11V11 MIDWEEK LEAGUE
Get In Touch
Football Participation Officer (Shropshire)
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shropshire FA (SFA) held a consultation meeting open to adult women’s teams across the county with the aim of setting up a Women’s Midweek 11v11 League during 21/22 season. With previous Midweek League’s and Winter League's successfully running within the county, it was decided that Shropshire FA will reinstate a Midweek playing league.
The vision for the Women’s Midweek League is to enable playing opportunities for females to participate in the 11v11 game whilst utilising the excellent facilities and qualified referees within Shropshire. Shropshire FA believe that the league provides a fantastic opportunity to create a sustainable women’s league in the county to cater for those who do not participate in regular activity in other leagues or are looking to establish teams in a local league.
All fixtures were hosted at Telford College on the 3G pitch every Wednesday evening with kick off commencing 8.15pm.
A total of 5 teams took part within the League, each playing 4 fixtures. A requirement for teams to enter the League is that the club has to be affiliated to the SFA and have all the necessary insurance cover.
Benefits Of The Women’s Midweek League
- Midweek fixtures generated by the Shropshire FA
- Fortnightly midweek fixtures (depending on the number of teams that enter)
- 90-minute games (45 minutes each way)
- Low admin (teams will use Whole Game Player Registration)
- Use of floodlit 3G Pitch
- Rolling subs
- Affiliated registered referees appointed by the Shropshire FA
- Balls provided
- Use of FA Full Time for the league table and league admin
- Shropshire FA budget contribution