Shropshire FA would like to clarify the regulations surrounding playing football outside of the regular season
Clubs are therefore permitted to resume playing matches in preparation for the 2023-24 season after this period has ended.
No matches other than the following may be played in the close season:
• Small-sided matches, mini-soccer matches or matches played according to “The Laws of the Game – 9 v 9” and those organised in connection with works’ clubs sports days on private grounds and at fetes and similar sports functions.
• Matches between Army, Navy and Royal Air Force teams and teams of the Auxiliary Forces in Competitions whilst in camp. Such Competitions shall be strictly confined to the units concerned and gate money shall not be taken.
• Matches involving members of scouts, guides and similar organisations in Competitions whilst in camp.
• Matches for national representative teams or clubs played under the auspices of FIFA or UEFA.
• Matches between Clubs in the Premier League, the EFL, FAWSL and FAWC for the following season.
This shall also apply to any successor in title to any of the Competitions specified;
• 11v11 matches in sanctioned Competitions that meet the criteria in accordance with the “Regulations for the Sanction and Control of Competitions” and are approved by The Association or sanctioning Affiliated Association.
• Single day, weekend and bank holiday competitions and festivals meeting the criteria and receiving sanction.
• Pilot projects granted dispensation by The Association or sanctioning Affiliated Association.
If you require any further clarification or support, please contact the office:
Email Zoe Griffiths