SHROPSHIRE FA complaints procedure
This procedure outlines the details with regards to sending a complaint to the Shropshire Football Association regarding a Match Official, Club, League, Participant or the Shropshire FA itself.
We hope that you are pleased with the service and experience that you have received from us and our associated Clubs and Leagues, and that you'll never have reason to complain - but if there is something you are not happy with, initially you need to tell the relevant Club or League about it straight away, following their Complaints Procedure, so that they can try to put matters right.
If you are still not happy with how this has been resolved, please escalate this to us at Shropshire FA, following the steps outlined below, so we can try to put matters right for you.
We will deal with your complaint efficiently and:
• Make it quick and easy for you to contact us about your complaint.
• Ensure we investigate thoroughly to obtain full information about the situation so we can assess your complaint fairly.
• Communicate with you, keeping you informed of progress and advising you of the results of our findings in the timescales we have promised, or let you know why any timeline has been extended and a revised date for resolution.
• Take appropriate action according to the results of our findings.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the Shropshire FA and that no other route of appeal is available to you, using the procedure below will ensure that your complaint is given due consideration.
1. Please raise your concern initially with the Shropshire FA department responsible for the matter. Our staff will take every opportunity to resolve the complaint informally.
2. If an informal resolution is not possible, please complete the complaints form here
3. Your complaint will usually be acknowledged within three working days and we aim to complete our inquiries within fifteen working days. Where matters are complex and are likely to take longer to resolve, we will inform of the specific timescales within the original 15 day timescale.
4. Your complaint will be allocated to a senior member of the Shropshire FA staff who will independently handle the issue. Please therefore put as much detail as possible in the complaints form, and make sure you complete the “contact details” section. Please also identify what you would hope to achieve by way of resolution of the complaint.
5. Complaints must be raised within four weeks of the original issue so that evidence is available and current during the investigation.
6. Following the review into your complaint, you will be informed of the outcome in writing.
7. Please note that Shropshire FA will not consider complaints submitted anonymously.
8. Shropshire FA reserves the right to disregard complaints it believes to be malicious or inappropriately persistent.
9. All complainants should be aware that our staff and members have the right to fulfil their duties in a pleasant and safe environment and any violent or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated.
If after the review you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may appeal against the decision within ten working days of our response.
To appeal, please write to us noting the grounds for your appeal and submit it either by email to email@example.com or post to Shropshire FA Chairman, c/o Shropshire FA, The West Stand , AFC Telford United, Telford TF1 2NW.
The appeal will be investigated by the Chairman or other Trustee as they will not be part of the original investigation and the timescales outlined in point 3 above will apply. You will be informed in writing of the outcome. The outcome of the appeal concludes the Shropshire FA’s complaints process.
Records of complaints shall be disposed of confidentially two working weeks after the deadline for receipt of appeals.
This procedure will be reviewed at least annually.