FA Coaching Disabled Footballers
Minimum Age: 16
Course Duration: 6 hours (theory and practical)
Price: £40 Charter Standard Clubs, £50 None Charter Standard ClubsView available dates
This course is designed to provide you with ideas and practices for the inclusion of disabled players in football sessions, whether in mainstream or impairment specific sessions.
- Long term player development (LTPD)
- Disabled people and football
- Qualities of a good coach
- Safety and impairment - specific considerations
- Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults
- Planning and organising coaching sessions
- Implementation of the inclusion spectrum in coaching sessions
- Disability player pathways
- Hold Introduction to Coaching Football
Having attended the course you should feel more confident and able to:
- Apply and extend you existing coaching skills to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Plan a wide range or coaching sessions for disabled players
- Use the inclusion spectrum to plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
Unfortunately there are no available dates.
Should a candidate need to cancel their place on a course for any reason, the following criteria will apply:
- More than 14 days notice – Full refund less a £10 administration charge
- 14 days or less notice – 50% of course cost returned or transfer available for a surcharge of £10.
- 7 days or less notice – No refund is returned, only transfer available for a surcharge of £10.
Transferring Onto A Different Course
Candidates wishing to transfer to another course more than 14 days prior to the commencement date will incur the following cost:
An administration fee of £10 will be charged.
answers to your frequently questions
We are unable to reserve places or take part payments for any of our courses. Bookings are taken on a first come first served basis from online registration where full payment is required.
We do not operate a waiting list for any of our courses or notify individuals of new courses being added or spaces becoming available.
Each coaching course has its own specific pre-requisites (some are open entry) and these can be found on each course specific page page of our website. It is the learner’s responsibility to ensure they meet the pre-requisites before booking onto the chosen course.
Unfortunately not. Each individual learner is required to book their place using their own FAN and Password. This is to ensure our information on medical conditions, emergency contacts etc is accurate and up to date. The booking agreement is always between Shropshire FA and the individual learner.
No, learners are required to attend all dates and times associated to the course they have booked onto. Failure to attend all dates and times will result in non-qualification and individuals will need to book and pay to attend the course again in full to become certificated.
You can book onto any of Shropshire FA courses by visiting the relevant course pages using the links above . Click on the title of the course you are interested in. More information will be available for you to view as well as a link to the most recent course(s) available.
Click here to receive a reminder.
You can request a password reset here.
Before choosing to cancel you may want to familiarize yourself with our cancellation policy which can be found on our website insert link for Policies & Procedures. These Terms and Conditions will have also been provided to you at the time of booking and again in the booking confirmation email.
I’ve already paid the course fee but cannot make it now. Can I transfer my place?
Learners unable to attend courses or individual course dates they have booked on to are not permitted to transfer between courses or transfer their place between individuals. You would be required to either change your plans to ensure you can attend the course you booked onto or cancel your place on the course and book on to another course which is more convenient. Please be aware of our Cancellation policy which is included in our Terms and Conditions. and can be found on our website insert link to Policies & Procedures
We run a variety of courses in a variety of formats –some weekend only, some mid-week, some a mix of the two etc. We ensure that we run the variety of formats and courses across the county throughout the year and attendance may require flexibility from each learner i.e. travel further afield within the county to get the dates best suited or be flexible on dates to attend at preferred venue. Whilst we try to provide as many options to our volunteers as possible we are restricted to how we deliver courses due to tutor and facility availability.