Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
FOOTBALL IS OPEN AND ACCESSIBLE FOR ALL
The FA and Shropshire FA are here to ensure everyone who is involved in football has a great experience – regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity, ability or disability, faith or age.
The FA and The Shropshire are here to ensure everyone who is involved in football has a great experience – regardless of gender, sexuality, ethnicity, ability or disability, faith or age. Both The FA and The Shropshire FA are working to ensure everyone has the opportunity to be part of the game.
We will all work together on our inclusion priorities over the coming years. These are underpinned by three principles of change:
- Ensuring governance and leadership is diverse and modern
- Removing any obstacles to access and progression in coaching, talent development or personal development pathways
- Enshrining equality, diversity and inclusion in our day to day operations
Shropshire FA Inclusion Advisory Group
The role of the Shropshire FA (SFA) Inclusion Advisory Group is to provide strategic direction and recommendations to ensure that SFA can deliver its Inclusion objectives, develop inclusive policies and practices; a safe, caring and inclusive environment for members, participants, staff, parents and be representative the Shropshire FA community.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the group is
• Oversee, implement and evaluate inclusion elements of the SFA Strategy 2021-24
• Analyse data to provide intelligence and support recommendations to the County FA.
• Consult on and support the county planning process, including the setting of business objectives and targets which ensure that the needs of the whole community are met. This will include being responsible for the development and implementation of a new Inclusion Action Plan.
• Act as Ambassadors as appropriate for the County FA.
• Bring a diverse perspective to the County FA.
• Advocate the benefits of addressing equality issues.
• Assess and advise on equality impacts arising out of county plans.
• Promote inclusion and diversity in football.
• Devise, monitor and evaluate County FA Key Performance Indicators for inclusion and diversity..
• Support the SFA in communicating relevant information
Email Isaac Pollard for More Information
download terms of reference - iag