FA Cup



From March 1st 2019, referees in Shropshire are able to re-register for the following season.

Any referees that registered last season, including all new referees, should now be able to access The FA’s Whole Game System (WGS) to re-register for upcoming season.

We urge all referees to use this system to re-register online, as WGS is also the new on-line process to submit misconduct reports to the County FA.

Log in to whole game system

Shropshire FA has sent out re-registration guidance notes to all referees, using the email addresses held in FA records. If you have not received that email please contact Ian Preece using the link below. 
- Ian Preece: Shropshire FA Referee Development Office EMAIL IAN


Referee registration FAQ's

Yes, your registration lasts for one season and you are required to re-register each season before officiating any matches.The FA do have the following regulations about referees who have not re-registered: You can be unregistered for up to two seasons and then just re-register as long as your CRC and Safeguarding certificates are valid.

If you have been unregistered for between two and five seasons you are required to successfully pass a Laws of Game test (arranged by The County FA) to make sure you are up to date on law before being able to register again plus complete The FA CRC and Safeguarding criteria.

If you have been unregistered for five or more seasons you will be required to book onto the new practical referee course and complete The FA CRC and Safeguarding criteria to register again.

Any referee aged sixteen or older and officiating in any youth football MUST have a valid FA CRC certificate to register. The Whole Game System wont allow you to register without it. Referees who only officiate in adult football are not required to have this certificate.

Yes, you will need your FAN number and Password to access the site. Your FAN was included in the re-registration email sent out to you or can be located in your Member Services account if you can’t find/remember it?
If you cant remember or don't have a password, when you log in to register it allows you to create a new password.

Because the WGS system is the same system for referees to submit their misconduct reports we have advised referees to register online through this system but some referees who don't have access to a computer can register manually by completing a paper registration form. Please contact RDO Jamie James for a hard copy form.

Once registered with The Shropshire FA, a referee can then apply to join any local leagues that are suitable for their ability. It is for the referee to make direct contact with any league that they wish to apply to. It is free to join a League but you will have to apply to them to join.

Once registered, if you need to change your contact details. You can do this through the Whole Game System.

Many other Organisations such as Schools, Scouts and other Sports Organisations do have their own CRC checks and certificates BUT The FA will only accept their own certificates, so these other organisations CRC certificates don't count and you will have to complete an FA one

Referees going away to University can either register with The Shropshire FA before they move or can be transferred to the County FA where they will be studying and register with that County FA. You only pay one registration fee and can then referee anywhere in England

Email Referee Development Officer (RDO), Jamie James and let him know where you are going. He will contact the local RDO where you are studying to assist you in establishing the right contacts when you arrive there. See also University Transfer section


Referee Development Officer

Ian Preece

By Phone: 01743 362769

By E-mail -referees@shropshirefa.com


Related Articles

View All