EXPRESS YOUR INTEREST IN BECOMING A SSE WILDCATS CENTRE
SHROPSHIRE FA IS CURRENTLY WELCOMING EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FROM CLUBS, ORGANISATIONS AND COMMUNITY GROUPS ACROSS THE COUNTY INTERESTED IN RUNNING A SSE WILDCATS CENTRE FROM APRIL 2020.
The SSE Wildcats programme will be open for applications once again from November 2019 – and Shropshire FA is looking to increase the number of centres in the county for girls aged between 5 and 11 to get their first taste of football.
Successful applicants wishing to run a centre will be able to access plenty of help and support in setting up – and running – their centre.
- Kit and equipment; balls, bibs and cones
- Fun session plans and games
- Activity books for players
- Free training for coaches
- Shropshire FA support
- Promotion via Shropshire FA’s website and social media platforms
- FA Coach Mentor support
- Financial funding over two years
All you MUST be able to do to run a centre is:
- Provide a safe, accessibly facility – with room for at least 30 participants
- Provide two DBS checked adults per session, of which one must be Level 1 qualified with an in-date Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children qualifications
- Provide a qualified Designated Safeguarding Officer
- Commit to running for at least 16 weeks
- Commit to running the centre for at least two seasons
- Commit to having at least one female volunteer within the set-up during the 16 weeks
- Work towards having 30 participants within the centre
- If you’re interested in hosting a SSE Wildcats Centre from April 2020, please complete the expression of interest form below.
For more information on SSE Wildcats, or if you have any questions, please contact Eve Bailey, Football Development Officer at Shropshire FA on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743-362769.